Today, academic editing service wants to talk about cricket.
Cricket refers to the national English sport. It is considered to be a part of the country’s history. It is not necessarily for the national sport to be the most popular one. For instance, hockey is the national sport in Canada, football is considered to be a national sport in Argentina, and the American national sport is baseball. It is worth noting that national sport usually appears during particular historical events in the country.
Our cricket essay will cover the history of cricket, its rules, and interesting facts. On our website, you are free to order an essay on any topic. We are willing to complete any type of paper regardless of its difficulty level.
The History of Cricket
There are different versions of the game origins. Some people state that this game was established in Southeastern England. In the 13th century, in order to get entertained, people used to play the game that resembled modern cricket.
It is possible to consider that the game name originates from the stick called “cric,” which was used by the shepherds to lock the gate. Cricket became popular among the working class and then rich people started to play the game. The first Cricket Club was created in the 18th century. The center of cricket was located in London.
Cricket refers to a team game. Eleven players are needed for a team. It is important to beat and fed the ball for each team. The major goal is to destroy with the wicket of another team. If a team scores more points in the beatings, it becomes the winner.
Consequently, the major objective of the game is to get more points (runs). Points are given for the distance that the team member runs from gate to gate. The points are also called runs. The team member runs while other team players back the ball to the field center. It is important to hit the ball so that it could fly away as far as possible.
Sometimes, the matches can last for days. Cricket can be slow at times, but game fans still consider it interesting. In order to understand everything in this game, it is vital to read all the rules. A lot of people think that this game is not popular because it is not broadcast on television.
Facts about Cricket
Below you can find out some interesting facts about this unusual game:
- Edward IV did not allow playing cricket because men refused to train in archery.
- Cricket is popular in Australia, India, and South Africa.
- Cricket was played within the Olympic Games just once and it was 100 years ago.
- Every four years, Cricket World Cup is held in England.
- Game rules are posted on 20 pages.
- An average cricket game lasts for one day.
- International cricket matches can last for a few days.
- It is popular to go to cricket in many countries.
- Arthur Conan Doyle and Rudyard Kipling used to play cricket.
We hope that you have changed your attitude to cricket after reading our essay. Maybe, someday, you will decide to play this game and score the highest number of points.
First-Class Online Research Paper Writing Service
- Your research paper is written by a PhD professor
- Your requirements and targets are always met
- You are able to control the progress of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an excellent student!