When you need to write a compare and contrast essay, you might have questions about the best ways to do this and get a high grade. We are here to help you with that. Read this article to learn how to write and organize a compare and contrast essay.
Main Features of a Compare and Contrast Essay
- You can mention only similarities or add differences as well in a comparison essay
- Write only about differences in a contrast essay
- Clarify the misunderstood or unknown facts
- State new opinions on the topic
- Talk about the subjects you compare and contrast and focus on the one that you consider the best
- In your thesis, specify if you are going to comparison or contrast, or both
How to Organize Your EssayThere are different ways to organize a compare and contrast essay. For example, you can do it using a point-by-point and block method. Blocking is more popular as it allows you to cover both sides properly. This method is the best for simple topics and short texts. While writing and organizing your essay, use these recommendations:
- Do some brainstorming to choose the topics you can compare and contrast in an effective manner.
- Make sure that your introduction grasps the reader’s attention. Provide your essay’s purpose and offer some basic information on the issue. Remember to give the points you are going to compare and contrast and write a thesis statement.
- Use the statements from your introduction to write the main body. Describe similarities and differences in different paragraphs. Make sure that you don’t only give the information but also show a connection between your points.
- Paraphrase your thesis in your conclusion. Summarize the similarities and differences from your body paragraphs. Explain your opinion.
- Check if your essay has such transition statements as “In the same way,” “In contrast to,” etc. Using them, you help the reader grasp the main points and see their interrelation.
- Point 1: A car is faster and more comfortable than public transport.
- Point 2: You may use your car whenever you want.
- Point 3: Driving and keeping a car requires having a driver’s license, refueling, and paying for maintenance.
- Point 1: Public transport can also be very comfortable.
- Point 2: Public transport has a regular schedule.
- Point 3: It is cheaper to use public transport, since you don’t need to pay for gas or maintenance and don’t need a driver license.
First-Class Online Research Paper Writing Service
- Your research paper is written by a PhD professor
- Your requirements and targets are always met
- You are able to control the progress of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an excellent student!